WRRA – Off-Season Training Programme
Please be sure to complete a comprehensive warm up before beginning any ‘moderate’ or ‘hard’ running. At a minimum, your warm up should include:
- 5min of ‘light’ activity/jogging.
- Dynamic stretching (calves, hamstrings, quads, glutes and groin)
- Include any extra stretching as you see fit!
1) 20km Time Trial) – Choose your own resistance level.
2) 40min Enduro – Go as far as possible in 40mins. Record your distance
3) Countdown Challenge (30mins)
-5mins @ level 7-10
-5mins @ level 16-20
-4mins @ level 7-10
-4mins @ level 16-20
-3mins @ level 7-10
-3mins @ level 16-20
-2mins @ level 7-10
-2mins @ level 16-20
-1min @ level 7-10
-1min @ level 16-20
AIM = MAX DISTANCE
Level 7-10 >120rpm
Level 16-20 >60rpm
1) 750calorie Row. Record your time
2) 6km Time Trial. Record your time
3) 2km Challenge. *rest 3mins and repeat (x3). Aim to get within 20secs for all
1) 30min distance challenge – run as far as possible in 30mins. Record your distance.
2) 2km Challenge *Complete 2km as fast as you can – rest 3mins and repeat (x3). Aim to get within 20secs for all sets!