WRRA – Off-Season Training Programme
“Consistency is key”
Please be sure to complete a comprehensive warm up before beginning any ‘moderate’ or ‘hard’ running. At a minimum, your warm up should include:
- 5min of ‘light’ activity/jogging.
- Dynamic stretching (calves, hamstrings, quads, glutes and groin)
- Include any extra stretching as you see fit!
A10 – RAIDERS BLITZ
*Record the total time taken to complete the entire session. The session can be done on a treadmill, a rowing machine or on a field
<21 min = Excellent, 21-24 minutes = Good, >25 minutes = Poor
– Row or run 1000m, Press Ups x 10, Burpees x 10
– Row or run 800m, Press Ups x 12, Burpees x 12
– Row or run 600m, Press Ups x 15, Burpees x 15
– Row or run 500m, Press Ups x 18, Burpees x 18
– Row or run 400m, Press Ups x 20, Burpees x 20
– Row or run 300m
A11 – TIME DISTANCE CHALLENGE
*This session is to be completed on Saturday or Sunday this week.
– From a predetermined starting point, start your stopwatch and run in one direction along a road/track/path for 17-27mins (the duration will depend on your personal fitness capability). Aim to hold a ‘steady’ pace for the duration of the run.
– Rest for 3-4mins
Then start your stop watch again and head back along the same path to the ‘starting point’. Try to reach the starting point in the same or less time.
– Cool down and stretch.